Most employers focus on whether or not a candidate can adequately fulfill a job. Fewer employers take the time to examine whether or not a candidate will be a good cultural fit for the organization. The most successful employees are ones who are capable of adapting to both the job and the workplace environment.
Below are 15 sample interview questions to help you assess whether your candidate is a good match with your workplace culture:
- Describe the type or workplace environment that would make you most productive and happy.
- What are 3 characteristics you would admire in your boss?
- What’s your superpower? What talent are you really good at?
- What values do you consider to be most important in the workplace?
- What do you think makes someone trustworthy?
- What are the top things that must be present for an organization to communicate effectively?
- Why do you want to work at this company and what are your expectations?
- What are the positive aspects of your current job and work environment, or the last position you held before coming to this interview?
- What books have you read lately that you enjoyed?
- Do you prefer working alone or as part of a team? What percentage of your time would you allocate to each, given the choice?
- Who inspires you and why?
- When you work with a team, describe the role that you are most likely to play on the team.
- What motivates you to come into work every day?
- How do you rely on others to make you better?
- What is it people don’t like about you?